Del Valle Regional Park

May 17, 2015
Livermore, Ca
Hikers: Cathy, Laura
Distance: 10.8 miles
Elevation gain: 1,637 ft.



Beautiful park!

Yellow-Billed Magpie


















Don't you think this root looks like a woman kneeling? A biker stopped to ask what we were looking at, and I said, the woman across the way. A woman? No imagination...




Taking this trail on the way back..








I posted a copy of the fish to the Park District's FB page, asking what type of fish this was. A commenter jokingly wrote it is a rare "jerkeyfish". And yes, I was naive enough to Google it. 




Never come across this type of scat before.






















I couldn't see the image on my camera when I was taking this photo. There were two police officers on these vehicles, and one officer actually stopped and said, here, I'll pose! And held is hand up like he was waving. I have to say, everyone at this park was quite friendly.

Awesome clouds!









Here is the trail I mentioned earlier, that we would take on our way back. Beautiful trail, though sketchy in areas.









Doesn't look steep in the photo, however, it was a "butt-er" for both of us. If Laura is sliding on her bum, it must be steep.



Trails:

East Shore, Hetch-Hetchy , Ridgeline, Venados, Swallow Bay, Heron Bay, and a few unmarked single tracks.







No comments:

Post a Comment